Want to try your hand, literally, at clay? These workshop sessions are great for getting your toes wet, trying something fun with friends or spending an easy afternoon mindfully creating.
SO, what will you learn?
- over this 3 hour workshop and free making session you will be taken through the basics of hand building and sculpting terracotta clay.
- You'll learn how to make a pinch pot, a coil pot and a slab pot - and then have over 2 hours and a kilo of clay to create your own masterpieces.
- You'll learn some tips and tricks, technical terms and then the easier ones to remember and be guided past the nervousness that can come with working with clay for beginners or people that are wanting to give it a go again.
- Date and Time: Sunday August 29th 2021, 10.30am-1.30pm*
- Length: the workshops go for 2-3 hours, but always planned for 3
- Location: See Someone Studio, Shop 6, 89 Goodwood Road, Goodwood
- Amenities: onsite bathroom and kitchen
- Accessibility: unfortunately due to the heritage nature of the building, there are steps and slimmer than average door ways limiting easy wheelchair access, accessibility aids like ramps are available for access upon request however we recommend emailing email@example.com with specific requirements prior to purchasing a ticket. Our absolute best will be done to make the space and access to suitable.
- all materials required to make some funky and fabulous clay creations.
Clay used in this workshop is ceramic grade terracotta however, the workshop price does not include kiln firing to turn your clay masterpiece into ceramic meaning the creation will not be food or liquid safe. We can recommend places to take your piece to be fired, but please note this workshop is intended to be a fun, light hearted toe dip into the world of clay with some like minded humans!